Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Top 5 of Babylon 5

It's time for my top 5 of Babylon... 5. This is in chronological order, and only concerns the show. 

1. The Coming of Shadows - A classic story balancing character, plot, and prophecy beautifully.

2. Severed Dreams - "The Babylon Project was a dream given form." Not anymore.

3. War Without End - This two-parter pretty much defines the word "epic".

4. Into the Fire - Anticlimactic to some, brilliant to others. Like me, of course.

5. The Fall of Centauri Prime - The title says it all. Gut-wrenching for a truly tragic character.

It is ridiculously hard narrowing down 5 seasons of brilliance to 5 episodes. I'm not even 100% sure that this is my definitive top 5. However, in the interests of spontaneity I shall leave it as it is.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I know VERY little about B5, but I have heard only good things about it. When I finish going thru trek, I am thinking on going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I rewatch B5, I see new things and observe things from such a unique perspective, knowing what's going to happen to these characters. It's a great show.

    I even took my username and avatar/image from a character on B5: Ulkesh!

    ReplyDelete