Thursday, June 11, 2009

BSG Rewatch: The Miniseries


Wow. 3 hours and there's so much to cover! So many plotlines, so many huge events, so much character development. The Miniseries is a blazingly big pilot for the new BSG and it doesn't disappoint.

I have to admit that when I first saw the Miniseries, it took me a long time before I liked it. I thought that everything from the characters to the space battles were chaotic and confused. Needless to say, that's not my mentality anymore, and I can appreciate the greatness of this film. And yes, as far as I'm concerned, it's a film.

Characters! A good show has to have good characters! Baltar is my favorite Main Character, because he is defined by self-preservation, science, and a degree of hubris. However, my favorite character in BSG is not a main one. It's Leoben Conoy. He's the most interesting Cylon Model in my opinion; a philosophical thinker who doesn't look the part, and a damn good psychological trickster.

And for fans of other shows, both Serenity and the Enterprise are visible at certain points! The Enterprise is in the back right corner of a fleet shot, and Serenity is flying above Caprica City.

1 comment:

  1. I love the BSG mini. I remember seeing an advestisement for it way back in the day. And thought I'd give it a shot (I had never seen the original), and I was blown away by it. All around great, there really isn't a bad thing to say about it. I agree about Leoben, great character. My wife loves Lee - & I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete