Thursday, June 11, 2009

Watching Farscape: Premiere

"And there's life out here, Dad. Weird, amazing, psychotic life... in Technicolor."

"Impressed" is not nearly a strong enough word for how I felt about the "Farscape" Premiere. It is delightfully fresh and unique in almost every way. The characters, the concept, the effects, the music, and everything else are completely refreshing in their look and feel.

I wonder if D'Argo will get his wish to kill Bialar Crais... Hmm...

It should also be noted that in my opinion, "Farscape" has the 2nd best theme song of any show. ("Firefly" is king in that department) I also love the puppets. I look forward to more great creatures like the many-teethed alien salesman.

Overall, an extremely satisfying and dynamic pilot. I cannot say how excited I am to finally be watching this series. I've been meaning to for a long time.

Rating: 9.5 / 10

2 comments:

  1. You're watching Farscape for the first time??? You lucky, lucky man! :-)

    I remember finding season 1 a little "all over the place", with some really good episodes and some fairly bad episodes - but once the major arcs really got started (around late season 1) everything was good. Season 3 is the best season ever made!

    Looking forward to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete